The program is integrative which provides students with special education, leadership, advocacy, religious and holistic training, equipping them to counsel, support, teach and lead initiatives and projects aimed at creating awareness and addressing the well-being of disabilities.
given the large number of people with disabilities across the globe, this program will enhance the quality of life of people with disabilities through preparing and equipping leaders as agents of transformation, by creating awareness in society and equipping people with disabilities to be productive and active in playing their role in society.
Implement and provide students with individualized education, meeting the needs of each child or student with disabilities in the classroom and Provide Christ-like leadership while practicing biblical principles in relation to persons and families affected by disabilities.Advocate for equality among people with disabilities and others into society
The Graduate of this programme can work with government agencies as:
- Human Rights Advocates
- PWDs Advocate
- Public Policy Analyst
- Law Reformer
- Child Protection Officer
- District Liaison Officer
- Child & Family Advocate
Also a Graduate of this Programme can work with the private sector as:
- Special Education Teacher
- Paraprofessional worker
- Caretaker for persons with Disabilities
- Disability Ministry Leader
- Pastor over Persons and families with disabilities
- Social Worker
- Coach for sports and Recreation for PWDs
- Vocational Specialist
- Sign Language Interpreter
- Human Rights Advocacy Officer
- Behavioral Health Specialist
- Curriculum Developer
- University Instructor
The Graduate can work with
NGOs, CBOs, FBOs as:
- Education Specialist
- Early Intervention Officer
- Special Education Teacher
- Daycare Supervisor
- Child Welfare Officer
- Caretaker for PWDs
- Support Group Specialist
- PT/OT Assistant Therapist
- Health and Wellness Practitioner
Admission Criteria to this program
- Candidates seeking admission through the direct entry scheme to Bachelor’s degree in this Program require at least two principle Passes in Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) and at least 5 passes in Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or a second Lower-division diploma in a similar field.
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria will be allowed to join and will be first admitted to a Higher Education Certificate which is an equivalence of A ‘level attended for 8 Months. Candidates who succeed in this course will be directly admitted to the program of their choice according to their level of performance.
- This Program Only Apply to candidates who passed through A ‘level and didn’t meet the admission criteria. It also applies to international students with qualifications that do not qualify them direct entry.
Mode of Study
Full semester sessions twice a year, for 3 years.
Available at Bachelor’s level only