Who we are
In January 2007, the school began with 35 students and a commitment to equip Christian leaders for the transformation of society. Today, there are over 600 students from 45 different tribes in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Congo, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Sudan, Eritrea and Kenya who are being equipped as leaders in ministry and community development.
We commit ourselves to develop a new generation of Christian leaders whose lives are transformed by rigorous study of Scripture, impassioned love for God, and faithful service to the nations as the body of Christ.
- We are a CHRIST-CENTRED educational centre
- We practice INTEGRITY and encourage ACCOUNTABILITY in every aspect of life
- We pursue EXCELLENCE by setting high standards in our academics and ministry
- We practice biblical STEWARDSHIP with our time, talents and treasures
- We embrace COMMUNITY by living and working in unity to fulfill God’s purpose for the body of Christ
- We seek to develop a GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE of the body of Christ as we equip leaders for the developing African context.
Our statement of faith
Africa Renewal University’s Statement of Faith has been adopted from The Gospel Coalition’s Confessional Statement, which is rooted in the Scriptures and centred on the Gospel.