As the student undergo this program, they will move from courses focused on foundation theory to those that address accepted best practices and the skills they need to help keep all categories of children in the diverse communities.
This program is intended to prepare child care givers and leaders who will contribute to the holistic development of children under their formative years. They will work with various stake holders including government agencies, churches, NGOs and communities to provide an environment in which children grow intellectually, physically, socially and spiritually.
Students will be able to initiate and effectively manage any child development initiative, use the word of God as a foundation for holistic development of children, mobilize and work with parents, churches, communities and government to ensure that the welfare of children is made priority
Potential Career Opportunities for Graduates. The Graduate of this programme can work with government/government agencies as:
- Project Manager
- Probation Officer
- Children’s Rights Officer
- Programme Officer (Child Development)
- Early Childhood Development Specialist
- Child Adoption Officer
- Community Liaison Officer
Graduates can work with NGOs, CBOs, FBOs as
- Child Development Officer
- Proprietor of a Child Development Organization
- Children’s Rights Officer
- Child Protection Officer
- Child Care Worker
- Child and Family Support Officer
- Child Counselor
Graduates can work with the private sector as
- Child Recreation Specialist
- Child Adoption Agent
- Child and Educational Product Developer (Child/Youth books, media programs etc)
- Learning Mentor
- Educator/Trainer and Curriculum Developer
- Child Development Specialist
Admission Criteria to this program
- Candidates seeking admission through the direct entry scheme to Certificate in this program require at least 5 passed and the same sitting in Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE).
- Candidates seeking admission through the direct entry scheme to Diploma in this Program require at least one principle Pass in Uganda Advanced certificate of Education (UACE) and at least 5 passed and the same sitting in Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE). However, candidate with an academic certificate from a recognized institution of Higher learning in a similar field will qualify for a diploma in this program.
- Candidates seeking admission through the direct entry scheme to Bachelor’s degree in this Program require at least two principle Passes in Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) and at least 5 passes in Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or a second Lower division diploma in a similar field.
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria will be allowed to join and will be first admitted to a Higher Education Certificate which is an equivalence of A ‘level attended for 8 Months. Candidates who succeed in this course will be directly admitted to the program of their choice according to their level of performance.
- This Program Only Apply to candidates who passed through A ‘level and didn’t meet the admission criteria. It also applies to international students with qualifications that do not qualify them direct entry.
Mode of Study – Full semester sessions twice a year, diploma and certificate course duration is two year and 3 years for Bachelor’s Degree.