National Certificate in Welding and Metal Fabrication
AfRU Welding and Fabrication course is aimed at producing Welders who are relevant to the industry and world of work. Training offered in Welding Department is trainee-centered and practical-based. It emphasizes acquisition of skills by the trainees, through practical learning, projects and Innovation as well as industrial training after completion of each year.
Major projects are being handled by these committed, capable, self-motivated and hardworking trainees. I believe the courses offered AfRU is a better career and path to meaningful life today because of the insignificant records as regards “street life”.
The increases in market competition, unemployment and technology advancement have posed a big economic challenge to both the citizens and non-citizens in that, without hand on skills, one would survive on gambling. But, through vocational education, AfRU is producing competent craftsmen to alleviate the unemployment rate and also avail appropriate skills to all interested persons.
The Course emphasizes the following aspects of learning:
- Competence-Based Training Approach.
- Real Life Practical Assignments with supporting modules.
- Integrated Education (knowledge, skills, and positive attitude)
- Innovation and Initiative (learning to solve problems that one has never encountered).
- Upward Mobility and Concentric Curriculum.
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity orientation.
- Environment, Health and Safety considerations.
- Sports, Clubs and Social interactions
- Communication skills and HIV and AIDS education